martes, 28 de marzo de 2023

How CELTA has changed Samuel’s life


 How CELTA has changed Samuel’s life

 

Hi, my name is Samuel Johnson. I was born in London from immigrant parents and I did the CELTA course at London Stafford House to become an English teacher. When I finished it, I was over the moon despite having thought I had played with fire as I never imagined how it could change my life. However, I didn’t have an option because I needed a breath of fresh air since I was interested in a career change.

 

The tip of the iceberg was that my unemployment fund, which was a drop in the ocean for bearing my family costs but useful, was going to be over. Hence, I wasn’t going to be able to keep my head above water soon to support my family since I am the householder.

 

After having unsuccessfully applied for different job vacancies in London in spite of being a native speaker, I decided to do it for an abroad job pool. Until one day, I happened something out of the blue: I was considered for the position as an English teacher in Vietnam, so I realised I had to be down to earth if I wanted to earn money; therefore, I accepted.

 

Nowadays, I am living as happy as Larry in Ho Chi Minh city with my wife and my kid, though I miss London. Conversely, only the destiny will indicate me if I will remain in Vietnam, go back to London or be somewhere else.

 

Written by Teacher Elmer Santana for the CAE 2 Course of the Foreign Language Centre at La Salle University of Cancun on the 28th of March 2023.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Ice-cream farm

Part 1.- For questions 1-8, read the text below and decide which answer (A, B, C, or D) best fits each gap. There is an example at the begin...