viernes, 31 de marzo de 2023

An amazing stay at the Ocean View

 An amazing stay at the Ocean View

 

The garden wasn’t what I expected. ‘Dad,’ I said, ‘you told me there was a pool!’ He took me back into the reception area and then up in the lift to the 39th floor and out onto the top of the building. ‘Here it is,’ he said, it was amazing! Swimming under the clouds was awesome.

 

I’ve stayed in some great hotels around the world, but nothing as cool as that one! I saw photographs of it before I went, but they don’t really show how large the building is. I couldn’t believe it. Everything is huge – the building, the pool, the meals (which were delicious, too, by the way)! There’s so much to do and see there. I hope we can go back again and stay for longer!

 

University of Cambridge (2019) ‘An amazing stay at the Ocean View’ in Exam Practice Test 4: Reading and Writing Part 3 in A2 Key for Schools Trainer. 2nd edition. Cambridge University Press: UK. Pages 98 and 99.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Ice-cream farm

Part 1.- For questions 1-8, read the text below and decide which answer (A, B, C, or D) best fits each gap. There is an example at the begin...