Part 2: Open cloze
For questions 1–8, read the text below and think of the word which best fits each gap. Use only one word in each gap. There is an example at the beginning (0).
Example: (0) AWAY
My experience of Cooking at University
When I moved (0) _____ from home to attend university, I had always taken home cooking for granted. I had never thought about how much time my parents spent preparing a balanced diet for the family. During my first few weeks, I lived (9) _____ junk food and frequently skipped meals.
At first, ready-made food seemed convenient. All I had to do was heat it (10) _____. However, I soon became bored with it, and I did not have as much energy (11) _____ I had had before. My flatmate Ana suggested cooking together so that we could keep each other (12) _____.
Neither of us had much experience, but we started with simple dishes. We bought vegetables that were (13) _____ season and learned to check whether fruit was ripe. We also prepared double portions so that we would have something filling in the freezer.
Now I enjoy cooking much more (14) _____ I expected. I try not to let fresh food go (15) _____, and whenever I see a good offer at the market, I pick (16) _____ a bargain.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario