jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2026

A Hard Working Day

Part 3: Word formation

For questions 17–24, read the text below. Use the word given in capitals to form a word that fits the gap. There is an example at the beginning (0).


(0) CHALLENGING


A Hard Working Day

Working in a professional kitchen can be a highly (0) ___________(CHALLENGE) experience.

Last summer, I worked for a busy catering company. On my first day, I felt extremely (17)__________(ANXIETY) because I had never worked in a professional kitchen before.

The head chef was energetic and highly (18)__________(COMPETE), and he expected everyone to work quickly.

At first, I thought he was rather impatient and (19)__________(BOSS), but I later realised that he was simply under pressure.

The work was physically demanding, but the variety of dishes made it surprisingly (20)__________(INTEREST).

One colleague was particularly (21)________(THOUGHT) and always offered to help me when I made a mistake.

Another employee behaved rather in a (22)__________(CHILD) way and sometimes ate ingredients that had been prepared for customers.

Despite the long hours, I remained (23)__________(OPTIMISM) about the experience because I was learning valuable skills.

By the end of the summer, I had become a confident and (24)_________(DECIDE) employee who could make choices quickly.

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario